Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Craft Room is Finished!

The day that I have been waiting for has finally come, 7 long years I have waited for this moment. Sunday late afternoon we got the room put together with all the furniture that will fit. No more working from the kitchen table with a sidebar of the kitchen counters (where the personal cricut was set up and a cutter at times) and the cookstove (to hold the stacks of paper being used at the time) to scrap or make cards. Though at times it was fun, now I can leave anything that is in process sit out till it's actually finished, WooHoo! Let the drum roll begin...

In this corner is where my sewing/quilting area will be. The bags are full of scrapbooking/cardmaking paper that needs to be sorted. The filing cabinet will be used to store my business papers (embroidery) and my genealogy work/papers/files, which should be easier to find now.
This is what it should look like once all the paper is gone. This was taken right before I started to bring in the bags from the front room. My personal cricut cutter will be used there too when I'm not using the sewing machine, unless I'm using the sewing machine for cards at the time.
This is the other side of the room, where I will be doing most of my scrapbooking and cardmaking. I have a Craft Cart, another cart that I picked up at a yardsale for sorting paper and in the future for staging my scrapbooking page kits and a 6 drawer stand to store lots of stamps, punches, ribbons, trims and anything else that will fit that needs stored. The shelves above the desk is already getting filled! I have my cricut cartridges, magazines, books, stamping inks, stickles, empty photo albums, cardstock, cuttlebug w/ folders and dies. It didn't take to long to fill it up.

The room is a bit chaotic at the moment, but within days or maybe a week or two everything will be sorted and put in it's proper space. Then the creativity can go into overdrive. I've got quite a few layouts planned, cruise ship album to do of my Mom and me on 2 trips, and a heritage album that I want to start working on, besides all the cards that I like to do. Should be able to be in the room everyday and work on some type of project for at least the next few decades. Glad the Zerbes and the Haines have a long life cycle! LOL, couldn't resist adding that. So I hope you all have a great day as I start to tear into the bags of paper and get things sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment