Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ethnic Food-PA Dutch Recipe Swap

Happy Saturday to all of you! Here in PA we are finally have some good weather today, sun is out and it's warming up. Thought it would be a great day to hang the laundry out too. Yesterday I got some terrific happy mail! My Jade Core Project Life came in the mail so now I'm set to really get caught up with my PL and you'll see many page spreads soon.










So I best get this posted and get busy cooking for the holiday tomorrow, so since my mind is on cooking I thought I would bring you another recipe from my past recipe swaps. This is from May 2011 the theme was Ethnic Food and I chose PA Dutch since most of my heritage came from some if not most of this group.
I made the card to replicate the simpler of life. The checkerboard background with golden yellow letters and pastel colors for the typed recipe and the included definition of Pennsylvania Dutch which surprised me that Pennsylvania Dutch is neither Amish or Dutch but is German descendants which I have from my Dad's side, fully German. Mom always said she was 1/2 Pa Dutch so I'm assuming it's from the Haines side of the family but as of yet I don't absolutely know, still working on that side of the family.
This pie is really a great comfort food too. Add some cooked chicken and you'll have a supper pie
I wish you all a fantastic day and take the time to be with family if you can, thanks for stopping by and seeing the veiw from my little corner of the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment