Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

I want to wish all my followers a Happy Easter!
I made this card for March's Cricut Card Exchange FB group I belong too. It's a great group of very craft talented women. The theme this past month was Baby or Easter and I chose Easter when I seen this similar card and knew I had to C.A.S.E. it. The one I had left over went to my Aunt Dorothy.
The process:
First I cut out all the pieces needed for the cards (8 total made) The blue background block behind the bunny was cut from Art Philosophy shape 7 @ 3.5" from the DCWV Cotton Bloom pack. The rabbit and flower background was cut from Celebrate w/ Flourish-easter2 cut @ 2.5" just the base and the full rabbit, base in pink cardstock and the rabbit in white cardstock. Sentiment blocs was cut from Art Philosophy rectangle 4 @ 1.25" the block and frame were cut from cardstock. I used liquid pearls-Buttercup for the flower centers.
White cardstock for the card base, one layer of the same green and layer of the red from the Cotton Bloom pack. Put all the pieces together, created a bow from 2 pcs of each SU Cherry Cobbler & CTMH Smoothie bakers twine











Added a blue button from my stash that matched perfectly with the blue background. Attached both with small & medium zots and the stamp is SU.
This card was way out of my comfort zone, but it was fun to make. I know I need to check out some youtube making bows tutorials, still struggle with that.

Have a beautiful day and for me I'm glad to a Savior that died for me and my sins. I thank God for his grace and for all the blessing I receive each and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment