Monday, April 22, 2013

A New Teen Birthday

Hi you all and welcome to my blog it's choice week over at Card A Day Blog! Today I'm the designer over there and I think this is a first for CADB and I think it's a wonderful idea. April tends to be a birthday month in our family so today I brought you a special birthday card I made for my grand-daughter see she turned 13 this year.
This is my first ever side step card. I come across a similar card on another blog (Sorry I didn't mark down the blog) and thought this was the perfect card for Asticia! So I can't take credit for the card, but it was a good one to lift. So I went out checking youtube to find out how to make a step-card, I came across 2 of them with really good tutorials. So I made a dummy card to try out the technique:

So the testout was from one of the tutorials (<-----) and the one I did for the actual card is ------>
The 12 was cut from the Mickey Font cartridge @1.75". Forever Young was used for the words @ 2" and the girl (model 20 on pg 43) @ 3.5"
The bag was never used, I'll have to figure out what to do with that another time. This was a fun card to do and I can see more in my future, just need to figure out when.

Supplies:
Cardstock: SU for the cardbase-Celery, the purples for the numbers came from my stash
Patterned Paper:  the Green cardstock for the letters is from DCWV-the tie-dyed stack, brown shadow dotted paper, the pink paper the green dotted paper and the happy day paper canme from the Lime Twist-Life of the Party pack
Inks: Memento Black and Brilliance Cosmic Copper was used for the sentiments
Stamps: SU- You're Amazing and CTMH-Card Chatter-Birthday
Tools:  Cricut Expression
(New technique-2013 goal)

Thanks for stopping by and seeing the view from my little corner of the world...








3 comments:

  1. Just love your card, Tina! Cute as can be!!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment! Just what a teen would say LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley, I thought the same thing when I seen. I heard tahat she loved it too! Was showing it to everyone

      Delete