Monday, September 9, 2013

Getting Acquainted

Good Morning and welcome back to a new season of Creative Cutting Challenges. The theme this week is Anything Goes, but you have to have an SVG cut on your project somewhere to join in on the challenges.
I recently took a Big Pictures class:StashBusters and it was all about busting your stash, well the one challenge was the metal book plates usage on a border, I didn’t have the plates but I found other things to bust out of my stash so this is how this layout out came about.
 
Dogs Getting Aquainted
During my hunt for some metal family labels for a layout I came across the metal dog tabs and frames and knew I had to do a dog layout too. I used the Dog tag from the Dog Elements collection from Creative Pointe for part of my title added the (s) on the side for the plural of the dogs. 
 Dog Elements - Click Image to Close
It was a good addition to the layout.
All items used in the layout came from my stash, Paper was a purchase piece from my local scrapbook store years ago. I used a variety of different metals for the layout: The frames around the pictures are from a pack I got at Big Lots, the slide style frames came from a Long Journey pack I got in a swap and the metal circle tabs from Making Memories pack (still have more to use of these yet, lol). I attached the Dog tag with a gray glittered brad and a variety of alphas used.It was a fun layout out to do
 
(aquainted) Common misspelling of acquainted, as you can see by my title I mis-spelled do I fix or let it go? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Have a great day and don't forget to join in the fun over at Creative Cutting Challenge

4 comments:

  1. A great layout and I'd leave the title spelled just the way it is. If it bugs you, just put a little * after it and make a small note. But I doubt anyone but an English teacher would probably notice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! I love the cuts you used along with the stash elements (good for you!) Your pictures are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love your layout, and I probably wouldn't have noticed the misspelling. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet layout! I need to make more of my dog..
    ♥ Pam

    ReplyDelete