Saturday, January 25, 2014

50 Layout Challege-2014-Layout 1

I seen this on a blog and thought it was a fantastic idea >>>>"Some of the DT sisters at lasting memories are also doing a 50 layout challenge in which we are busting our stash.  Most of us have restricted our purchases of crafty stuff until we hit the 50 mark.  We're also encouraging each other and checking in weekly to keep motivated." 
 It's a new year and a good reason to start this challenge, so I'm in, will do 50 layouts all from my stash and will not be buying any paper or the embellishments that make the layout (other than stamps)-I belong to 2 local clubs SU and CTMH that I have to spend so much a month, I will buy just craft tools and stamps but no paper products or pre-made embellishment items till I get to 50 or at least 1/2 way to 50 for some incentive to go the next stretch. Just had to share :) This is layout 1, but if you been keeping up with my blog then you know that I'm up to 3 with the 2 featured yesterday.
This is the sketch that I used to help me layout out the page:
Scrapbook Page Sketch 265
 Majority of this layout came from my November 2013 Counterfeit Challenge kit. Almost the end of January and I'm still using up the old kit :) With this 50 layout commitment maybe I'll be able to knock out January's kit with February's kit :).

I used the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge to cut the background shape, I cut the green heart and the journaling tag from the cutout sheet. Used my new chevron border punch from SU for the  border on the side of one of the pictures with a couple arrows coming on to the picture to point to the baby bump. I wasn't liking the dark journaling block in the corner so
Went with the lighter one instead. These 2 pictures shows a bit of my process when I'm doing a layout. I'll layout bits and pieces till I get the feel I want of the layout.
The washi tape with the date and the doily came from the January kit. the stickers came from Karen Foster: Mother to Be sticker pack that was bought for this purpose (and just enough stickers left for the other baby announcement layout-future layout) the basketball foamie came from my stash this was bought a long-long time ago, probably some of my first embellishment purchases. The Terri Guillemets quote came from a vellum cutout sheet I've been working with on alot of these layouts. and that was xyroned down on another journal block on the cutout sheet! I really like how it turned out, while I'm working on the technique of layering that I have been seeing. This is also a layout that I did for my big pictures class January 2013 is about Seasons and I think this fits for a season.

Are you up for the challenge?
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I'm doing in my little corner of the world.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping around my blog. Look at you go on that challenge! 50 is a good goal. My daughter and I did a 100 project challenge two years ago. Maybe it's time for another one. Thinking a 500 project challenge might actually make a difference in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout Tina, what a great challenge. I'll have to check it out, maybe I need to do 50 layouts just for me and not count the guy's pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was an old post from them, don't know if they are still doing it, but thought it was a great idea to do, got so much stuff

      Delete
  3. very beautiful layout Tina.. nice color and papers...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page and cool idea - love how you showed your process too!

    ReplyDelete