Monday, January 20, 2014

You've always had......-CCChallenge #26

Hi and welcome to Challenge #26 over at Creative Cutting Challenge blog. The theme is Valentine's Day. This is the card I made for the challenge:
This is the card my husband will receive for Valentine's Day this year :) It has the perfect heart lock cut on it and that cut comes from Creative Pointe's Valentine Hearts set:
Valentine Hearts - Click Image to Close
 This set is perfect for a variety of different Valentine cards there are so many choices, for my husband’s card this year I chose the heart lock cut for the front of the card, he is the one that holds the key. 
I started the process with seeing this quote about the key to my heart so I plugged that into google and I found a cute card for the inspiration/c.a.s.e. of my card from Clicky Chick Creates
 I cut the various pieces needed for the card:
 First I decided on the font for the lettering strips, printed on light blue cardstock and inked with distress ink: Brushed Corduroy.
 Used red card stock for the card base, found some cool key pattern paper in one of my stashed paper packs. Used Simple Stories graph paper from the documented collection for a border inked with the same ink and used it for the inside of the card also with the key cut.
I used the Heart Lock from the Valentine Hearts set, resized and cut from the 2 red papers from my Counterfeit Kit challenge paper for this month :) The keyhole I covered with silver studio g stickles. On the inside:
I brought in that same graph paper, added the keys pattern paper as a border and used the key cut and the heart from the cut embellishing the inside . The key cut is from the Silhouette Store Design ID # 1243.
Just loved the way this turned out and that I was able to use some paper from my Counterfeit Kit challenge-Jan. kit was an added bonus, it was the best choice for the card and this is also the card I made for my card swap group too, sweet!

Thanks for stopping by today, do you have your card made for your special someone? There are some great inspiration at Creative Cutting Challenge Blog. This is a great theme to join in with the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Love how all the elements of the card goes together! And perfect for a guy as it's not too "fussy" with pinks and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina, Welcome as a new DT member to Jo's Scrap Shack. Looking forward to working with you & having fun. I'm lovin' this card for your DH. You've combined these paper patterns so beautifully, and loved the sentiments you added. Perfect for a DH, and he will love it too! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card Tina! I just love it as our husband's hold the keys to our heart the same as we hold the key to their hearts! So perfect for a Valentine's card. Looking forward to designing with you on Jo's FFC!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. He will love it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card Tina... I'm sure your husband would love this!! beautiful heart lock and key..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete