Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Cold July 4th 2014

Hello, I'm back again with another layout this is how we spent July 4th 2014, we spent the evening with Dave's sister Rootie her DH Dick and here family. It was nice to spend time with family and they actually put on a fun show. The other memory of the day is how unusually seasonbly cold it was out. We all cuddled up to the bonfire, with zipped hoodies and blankets, but warm at heart with family
this one is based on the sketch challenge over at My Scraps & More Sketches #87
 
 This was a fun one to do and went togther pretty fast. I used my current counterfeit kit for the papers and I pulled out my 4th of July specified items and used the die cuts from that sheet. I also pull a sticker from my winter drawer.
 I used the die cut of the date added the year with alphas and the COLD sticker. The picture is Dave, my hubby and my BIL Dick. Looks like were dressed to watch a local football game in October :)
 This is Rootie's youngest grandson Conner, he's such a cutie :) loves being on grandpap's lap. Added the star and liberty from the die-cut sheet. I used the extra spot in both corners for a couple more photos. This was one of the best shots of the fireworks.
 The flag shot, of course you can't have 4th of July with out a flag so I took a picture of or flag hanging off the porch of the house. Rootie and her son Sam in conversation with other members of the family
 The top corner is Jarod (Lora's husband, Rootie's SIL) and Sam having fun strumming. I was surprised how warn Sam was versus the rest of us. It was a nice family night :)
I have a few more pictures to this event and will probably do a 2nd page yet.

Have you scrapped your 4th of July yet :).

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout Tina! It was a chilly 4th this year, heck the whole summer has been fairly chilly. lol We had high winds so we couldn't have our usual 4th fire and then it rained too. I missed that this year. I love the pictures you have on this layout and it really shows how fun getting together with family is and what the weather was like. I think it has felt more fall out than summer the last few days. I want summer back! lol Of course I know most are happy to have the hot humid weather gone but I need it to do the pool thing. lol So for us it's been the hot tub instead of the pool! lol I can't wait to see page 2. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete