Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Card Challene over at Creative Cutting Challenge

Can you believe today is the 1st day of December!?!! Good Morning and back to work we go! Darn that holiday didn't last long enough but was glad for the time off and got a few layouts done. But today it's all about the Card! Christmas Card I made for the Creative Cutting Challenge with Creative Pointe's Merry Cardinal Charger file:
This file was for an 13" charger plate but I was able to simply size it down for the 6" square card. The file I used:
Merry Cardinal Charger - Click Image to Close
I cut this out prior to the holiday, but just recently put it together and I seem to lost 2 pieces but was able to cover the losses well:
I colored in the black neck of the cardinal with a black sharpie and the A in Christmas was replaced with a snowflake.
 I stickled up alot of the cute pieces with Holly and Christmas Red.
 I added a couple more snowflakes from the K&Company very merry snowflakes layered accents package.The papers I used was the cardstocks from last month's counterfeit kit and the background papers are from teresa collins Christmas Home 6X6 pack.
I also dressed up the inside a bit with that same green paper and the same diagonal border paper and a couple of snowflakes. All from my current Dec Daily kit.
 Off you go and give a try to the challenge we hope you all play along with us:
Rules are simple the project must be new works and  Each project must contain at least one SVG (SCUT, MTC or similar) file die cut and that file must be clearly apparent or you must state what piece of the project is the SVG (or similar electronic) file.  A file name or creator link would be helpful to those viewing your project. NOTE:  A project using only a Cricut Cartridge file is not eligible.  SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT ANY MENTION OF AN ELECTRONIC CUTTING FILE WILL BE DELETED.  Blog owner reserves the right to delete any submission deemed ineligible without notice to entrant.
For more details about the rules you can go here

6 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas card Tina! I love when cardinals are used on Christmas cards, they just are a part of Christmas to me. I don't know how it got to be Dec. 1 st either, but I wish I could rewind the clock!! lol But ready or not Christmas is coming in 25 days! YIKES! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice the missing parts. You made it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cardinals...such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a lovely card Tina! Great way to improvise on the missing pieces too...very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Tina, I love the red glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, love the card! I'm partial to cardinals too!

    ReplyDelete