Monday, February 2, 2015

Memories are the Tender Threads of the Heart

Good morning you all, well how did you fair with the snow storm if you were in the storm track? We ended up with 5" here where I live and now it's a rain/sleet mix. Exciting game last night too. So this is the first layout I did for LOAD215:
Load1 Prompt was Imagine yourself in the book. Who did you relate to in the book or who did you relate to or imagine you were. Mine was the love of Archie comics when I was in my tween years and I wanted to be like Betty when I was a teenager
I used the sketch over at Sketch N Scrap #74 for my layout:

It was a fun one to use for the layout I also used some papers and embellishments from my current and last month's counterfeit kit.
So this is my 2nd time doing LOAD215 and fun month of scrapping from Lain Ehmann from Layout A Day
LOAD challenges you are to create a scrapbook page each and every day for a whole month while having more fun with some really fun prompts from Lain and that you would think impossible to do, but is totally doable I found that out last year! So I decided to give it another try since last May was so fun to do :) February is actually a good month to do it with nothing for me really going on during the month other than DT spots and prepping for the accountant (weekend time for that :) 
Back to the layout :)
This ended up being a fun layout to do :) When I heard the day's prompt and just started writing what my thoughts were about what I enjoyed as a kid and what I remember most was comic books. So this background paper (from creative imaginations) was perfect for this general theme and a paper that I had in my stash since I think last year. I was going to use it for another layout but had not gotten to it yet so this was the first paper that came up in my head while working through the story in my head. Not sure what year the school photo is because the picture was stuck to another so the information on the back got lost when I separated the picture. So I'm thinking I may be around 10 or 11 (I found the 11 year old school picture and it wasn't this one :) so not sure about the age)
 I found this picture of Cady's News in a box of pictures that I received when my Mom passed away, her pictures, and when I saw it thought what the heck am I ever going to use it for! But then comes this prompt and it was the perfect photo for the story. This is an old picture of the store, when I trimmed it up the stores next to it were still there, but now it sits by itself next to a huge parking lot. I found the Archies Comics badge on the internet and used that for an embellishment on the page and this help bring in that red paper (from the current kit) I punched the badge with my SU circle punch and popped it up with foam tape :)
My title block and journaling block came from the paper I used on the layout I posted on Sunday. This year I'm trying to use up the paper I cut into some time through scrapping my next layout if I can and it's feasible for the project or to keep it handy to use it up sometime that week on projects. I need to get control of the scraps I save and actually use them :)
The journaling tells the story of being a tween and what I liked reading at the time, the Archie Comics, and that loved going downtown to Caty's to see the newest issues. I related to wanting to be like Betty in the series :) She was a good girl and that is what I wanted to be as a teenager growing up. Betty was the sweet wholesome hometown "girl next door"
 Thanks for stopping by today and I'm hoping to keep up each day with the blog posts of the layouts I do, but if not I'll catch up on the weekend :) Check back later tonight for my Counterfeit Kit Challenge post for February (you have seen some peeks to the kit with the last 2 layouts), it's a fun kit and a fun inspiration kit that CKC blog used :) 

20 comments:

  1. I loved Archie comics too! Great page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page Tina. I loved Snoopy comics best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Tina. So sweet that you were able to use that picture. The red is perfect and make the pictures pop.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page with part of your story. I enjoyed reading about it. The pictures are great, as are all the fitting supporting pieces. You were wise to pick such a positive role model!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and wonderful job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful take on the challenge! Great journaling and colors! Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great prompt and awesome interpretation of the sketch, adding the printed comic badge was inspiring! Thanks for sharing your trip down memory lane with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I remember the Archies TV show. Great job on the prompt and page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! Love the story too!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well done. I am a huge Archie comics fan and have a huge box full of over 200 of the digest/double digest comics in my basement. They are very well loved. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Archie comics growing up too! Took them with me on many road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout, thanks to joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your layout. I agree with you about scraps...I do try and get them used!! Thanks for sharing with Sketch~N~Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful story and great job documenting YOUR story! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page! Love the background paper. Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! Thanks for playing along at sketch n scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That base paper is great fun - perfect for your subject! Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete