Thursday, February 5, 2015

Whistle Stop

Hello and welcome back to another LOAD layout, I may have missed a day blogging but I have not missed a day scrapping yet :) This layout came about from the Day 3 prompt: Design Principles: Font Sizes. We were to play with Font sizes on our layout, easy peasy! Now all that was left to do was to decide what to scrap. So after debating for awhile I decided to do a layout that I was suppose to do last month but never got the time to do so I guess this month there is plenty of time :)
Dave and I took some time to enjoy a stop while Christmas shopping in Dec 2014. Dave loves model trains and I seen the mention of the display in an email so we decided to check it out before going Christmas shopping. Very cool display! The housing they had for it wasn't big enough to accommodate all the people that came to see it, see others thought it was a good idea too :) So I used the current sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges #426
426
This was just the ideal sketch for the layout :)
 I used DCWV the Linen Closet pack from the current kit for my background papers and a couple of the journaling cards from the CTMH kit.
 Whistle was done with Nutmeg thickers and stop was done with random sticker sheet, both were in my it last month. Good Times came from a cut up sheet in the paper pack. The Train is from the sticker set from EZ Success: Trains so did the other train elements scattered about the layout
I added the day's journaling to the cards and the arrows point about the page leading your eye around. I really like how this turned out :) Thanks for stopping by today and tomorrow is Funday Friday for more creative fun :) Saturday I'll get caught up with all the LOAD layout blog posts. Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. What a fun layout & I love how you added the third photo to the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Scrapbook Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous layout Tina! I love your take on the sketch. The arrows are so cool taking the eye around the layout. I love, love the pictures and the story. It sounded like a great evening/dag of shopping and seeing a train display!! I hope you are staying warm because I know you have to be colder than we are right now. And we were about 6 degrees this morning. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Love the colors in your papers!! Especially loving the chevron one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you've made the sketch work for your photos, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, and what a fun thing to stop and check out! I love how you made the sketch work for you! Thank you so much for linking up at Scrapbook Challenges!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I have always loved train displays! Love the crossing sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you changed up the sketch a little...great take! Also, like your use of different fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the train themed products. Such a classic Christmas activity.

    ReplyDelete