Friday, May 1, 2015

26 books for 2015

My good friend Emily Adams is doing this challenge over at her blog: Mrs Crafty Adams, that is where I was introduced to it from. Thought it was a great idea and decided to do it too. I used to love to read, while growing up and while in my divorce years too. Then when doing LOAD in February, that month with the theme of books got me thinking about reading again. There is a soothing about reading that I'm learning to enjoy again. I read about an hour before heading to bed, it calms and relaxes me so that is a good thing.
The list comes from Bringing Up Burns blog and feel it's a great list to dive into reading again.
1 - A book you own but haven't read
2 - a book that was made into a movie
3 - a book you pick solely because of the cover
4 - a book your friend loves
5 - a book published this year
6 - a book by an author you've never read before
7 - a book by an author you love
8 - a book at the bottom of your "to be read" pile
9 - a book with a color in the title
10 - a book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
11 - a book you started but never finished
12 - a book with a lion, a witch, or a wardrobe
13 - a book with a female heroine
14 - a book set in the summer
15 - a book of poems
16 - a book you learned about because of this challenge
17 - a book that will make you smarter
18 - a book with a blue cover
19 - a book you were supposed to read in school. But didn't.
21 - a book with a great first line
22 - a book with pictures
23 - a book from the library
24 - a book you loved... read it again!
25 - a book that is more than 10 years old
26 - a book based on a true story
 
So since February when I opened a book again just for pleasurable reading, not those old business books I used to read I've read the Twilight Series (all 4 books) so Twilight I would say falls under:6 - a book by an author you've never read before.  New Moon: 23 - a book from the library (that is where I get most of my books :) Eclipse: 2 - a book that was made into a movie,because of the movies I wanted to read the books. Breaking Dawn the final novel in the Twilight Saga series would have to be: 13 - a book with a female heroine why: When Bella faces unexpected and life-threatening situations, she willingly risks her human life and possible vampire immortality to undergo the ultimate transformation from a weak pawn to the strong queen with unique powers to fight the final battle to save all those she loves. (that to me is a female heroine :)
So now I'm just about to start Under the Dome by Stephen King (my favorite author): 7 - a book by an author you love. I enjoyed the television series and a friend told me it's a great book, so decided to read this one next and hopefully have it read before the TV series starts back up in June.
Of all the goals, all is achievable except the one that you started an never finished. That one I'll have to ponder abit cause I don't think I have not started a book and didn't finish it.

3 comments:

  1. this is a pretty neat idea Tina... And i'm a huge Twilight fan.. watched every movie, read the books and cannot wait for the new movie this October!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined in the reading challenge!! I'm a bit behind. I'm not sure what I will use for a book I started and never finished either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Tina! I've never done a reading challenge before. That's along list though, and some I'm not sure if I would know what to read or not. lol I do love to read though and mostly read on my Kindle. But before the Kindle, my school always did a book swap at the end of the year and that's how I got my books to read for the summer. I love to sit outside and just read in the summer months! Enjoy your book Tina!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete