Monday, February 29, 2016

#1 Turkey Special

LOAD Day 21: Food. So anything about food. This time I went to a new spot of challenges for inspiration :) for my layout. Some how I decided on this Turkey Dinner that Dave and I got Oct. 10, 2015, after a Tractor show we went to for my layout. Then I went over to Whimsical Musings looking for prompt to work from, they have an entire list of fun prompts to get you started here
From that list I found prompt #48 Inspired by Ice Cream and that is what inspired the color scheme of my layout was that bowl of Sherbet on my plate.
Fry's Turkey Ranch is a restaurant that is off route 15, the tractor show we went to on the way home we decided to eat locally, but the one restaurant in the town was so busy and we were so hungry we didn't wait around very long. So traveling back home we came across this billboard of this restaurant, and we both chatted a bit about checking it out. So there you have it in a nutshell :) The reasoning behind us being there :) Surprised that we never had been there before, they have really good food. So this meal is what they are famous for and we had to get it! Wow a plate full indeed and we had a salad with it that came first.
I used the sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges for my layout, sketch #469
469
With the extra journaling about the history of the restaurant I shifted my photos over a bit more, the elements of the sketch is still there :)
 Journaling about the restaurant and how it came to be
 That delicious meal :) Got to be the first time we went out to eat and Dave was too full to get dessert and were the slice of pies piled up. The bear greeted us when we walked in :) a quick shot of the front of the menu and a big photo of the dinner. Yum! All Instagram photos :)
My journaling. I used my current counterfeit kit for the alpha for the title, the word strip on the large word strip block and the gold hearts scattered about the layout. The background paper came from last month's kit.
If you like to go with a prompt for a layout you'll have to take a look over at Whimsical Musings blog and they have a facebook group too. I will be using there prompts in March for Calvinball to help spur some stories to tell and to help create so fun layouts

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a meal and what a layout Tina! I've never heard of that restaurant, but then again, we never stopped at many restaurants. This looks like a good one to stop at, only Dwayne didn't like turkey. I would have loved it! lol I can't believe they gave you sherbet with the meal. I loved reading about the restaurant too! So glad you included that on the layout. Yes, I'm learning much about this state of ours through your layouts! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors on this page. You have been busy this month!!

    ReplyDelete