Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Let LOAD216 Begin :)

Good Morning to you :) This is my first layout for LOAD216, it will be a very scrappy month for me :) The prompt for this layout was a Color challenge and the colors came from the Neitherlands flag which is Red/ White/Blue. (Yesterday) When I heard the prompt today and the colors the 1st thing I thought of was the colors of our flag and that made me think of men in my family that have served, that lead me to my cousin :) I just recently printed this picture with the anticipation of scrapping it and this 1st prompt is the perfect time to do so :) Very proud of my cousin and to all the men, women and dogs that serve our country :)
The creative inspiration of this layout came from the current sketch over at Memory Nest:




I knew this would be a great sketch for the layout :)
 My cousin Mike (Mikey as I remember calling him growing up :) He is my favorite Aunt's middle son, a year? or 2 younger than me :) his older brother and I are he same age. You know that saying your first friends are your cousins and that is so true! Tommy, Mike's older brother also served, but today and this layout is dedicated to Mikey :) I found the patriotic paper for this layout fairly quickly and just happen across the branding strip I used for the border that I though fit well with the layout. I cut off 2 of the other words and used it about the layout.
 To me Mikey is a hero as is all the Men, Women and Dogs that serve out country so it was the right title for the layout and these red with white stars chipboard letters were perfect for the title
Now this journal spot came from one of the cut apart sheets from last month's counterfeit kit, Brighter Year Ahead. With it being LOAD month I just carried over what was left of the kit to be finished off this month :) and as for my goals last month, I was just a bit short: I did  Layouts: 9  Cards: 12 (My goal was: 15 layouts and a goal to make 13 cards:) Not to bad though :) This month I don't think I'll have any trouble reaching my goal of 29 layouts :) Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I'm up too in my little corner of the world :)




12 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous page. Enjoy LOAD, you are off to a fabulous start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Memory Nest's sketch looks fabulous with your colours and photo. How proud you must be of your cousin. Thanks for sharing at tMN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I LOVE this page!!! So powerful! And I was thrilled to see you used the sketch from tMN!!! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fantastic tribute page!!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Memory Nest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute to him! That is a good sketch too. I'm going to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely a hero! What a fantastic page, you did this sketch to perfection! Thanks for joining in at THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout Tina, and I too am so proud of all our Hero, past and present that have served our country. They are amazing men, women and dogs and we are fortunate to have them cause let's face it, there is no way I could do their job!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout Tina, and I too am so proud of all our Hero, past and present that have served our country. They are amazing men, women and dogs and we are fortunate to have them cause let's face it, there is no way I could do their job!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layout, Tina! Such a wonderful tribute to you cousin. You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely page! Very patriotic, and I love the flag background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo realistic flag paper is the perfect backdrop for your soldier. What a great way to honor him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous page and tribute to your cousin. LOVE how you use the sketch with all your patriotic product. Thanking him for his service. And thank you for joining us and sharing your creation!!

    ReplyDelete