Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Shabby Gone Wild! an April Counterfeit Kit

Hi you all :) I hope the week has been fabulous for you so far :) I'm thinking I'm getting into a groove, since going back to work. Was able to get some time last night to pull my April Counterfeit Kit together :) If you have not done kitting before than this is the place to go and learn about doing it :) Right now kits seem to be a trend with scrapping but instead of buying the newest thing I go rogue and buy from my own stash :) then create my own kit :) with a little help from Counterfeit Kit Club. This month Counterfeit Kit Challenge is counterfeiting a kit from The C'est Magnifique Kit Club. Each kit reveal includes a Main Kit, Paper Add On, Mixed Media Kit, Flower Add On and Embellishment Add On (wow!) which means that this month there are countless counterfeiting opportunities. You could choose to work with the Main Kit; the Main Kit + Add Ons; the Paper Add On + the Mixed Media Kit; the Main Kit + the Flower Add ons. I think I may have gotten a mix of each with mine :) Here is my kit Shabby Gone Wild!
Yes it's a bit of a Shabby Mess when I was gathering it all up last night. You know me and the way I like large kits :) Well this month I went with extra embellishments :) When I seen the inspiring kit that very first day of April:
The first thing I grasped onto was the florals and the butterflies and I knew I had a very old 8X8 paper pad that was just perfect for this kit so that is what inspired me besides the kit picture above:
So this was the beginning of my kit :) My list from what I took from the reveal kit: Frames, Keys, Fabric Flowers, Lace Trims, Borders, Doilys, Big Words, Paper Flowers, Stencils, Polka Dot, Fibers and Victorian Style is what directed my choices for my kit:
My selection of papers, I'm taking another Nicole Jones' class: Two Page Spreads Class so I knew from the 1st class video I was gonna need alot of paper. So this is my loose paper. I also have te 8X8 paper pad and while looking for that I came across so really old 6X12 paper pads from cricut so that went into my kit, I added a 4X6 Moonlight SU paper pad to the kit and Authentic (True Blue) collection to the kit to try to finish that off this month :) and my 2 chosen Dazzles kits:
I added some trims, lace, fibers, metals and a punch that never been open to my kit :) I also am including my MS doily punch set (not in the picture) to the kit cause I have yet to use that and it looks like the month to give that a go
 Some of the trims, lace, fibers, washi tape, metals and the punch. I also will have my little heart punch and die cut set available for some hearts too
 A close up of the washis and metals
The chosen alphas, I stuck with the blacks, whites, purples, golds and a grey besides the one that came with the Authentic kit. That is it, that's my kit :) A bit later this month getting a chance to do and post it, but I think I'll have fun with it...... 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great kit! I can't wait to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a sumptuous stash-busting kit! I adored your reveal photo of the fruits of your search for all of the perfect elements for your kit just heaped up in all of its scrappy deliciousness. Clever name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great kit! My favorite is definitely the butterfly paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun it would have been to dig into your kit just as it was, but glad you sorted it out for us to see. Lots of scrappy times in your future from that kit - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA....you went wild for sure. Just like I did! I can't wait to see what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a killer of a kit (or ... um ... several kits!?) Hope you have had fun using it up x

    ReplyDelete