Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Perfect Day

This layout was made for LOAD516 Day 5 Theme: What you love, what you really, really love and the prompt was What is your favorite place. This prompt seems to creep up often in the LOAD prompts one way or another. So I sat and thought about this prompt a bit while having my coffee that morning and thought about it throughout the day too. But I finally came up with what about my craftroom? it's one of my favorite places to be! So that was my layout. I went to search for some pictures and I knew the sketch I was going to use was from the Island Crop over at Scrapbook Generations FB group event.
I grabbed some pattern paper from my Crafty Pad for DCWV and used that with 6 PL cards I had in a past counterfeit kit. That's what was so cool about this sketch (April 2014 addition over at Scrapbook Generations) that it had the spots for the PL cards and it made a nice mat for the photos. I did some fussy cutting for the journaling strips and a cute strip I had gotten one time in a fortune cookie that was perfect for this layout. The flowers, pennants, sequin stars, glitter gold hearts, bakers twine and SU candy dots were the embellishments from last month's Shabby Gone Wild counterfeit kit I made up.
 My journaling block
 This fun top cluster
Up close shot of the photos, with a couple more flower clusters. An overall picture of my room, a selfie of me in my room (this was taken during a 10 day challenge of selfies), my craftdesk and a meme. The perfect day is usually spent in that room while creating.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to have recorded! Great layout, and fun photos of you in your space!

    ReplyDelete