Monday, May 16, 2016

Pool was Cool

Hi you all and welcome back to my blog for another post today. This layout is from the current LOAD this month and I had added an heat embossed embellishment for my DT spot for this week's challenge over at Use Your Stuff blog.
At one time in my life pool was really cool :) I played on 2 leagues and really enjoyed playing, for some odd reason when I quit drinking then it didn't seem to be as fun as it was. I do still enjoy playing the game, just not in the bars. This layout came about from LOAD516 Day 13: The prompt was: How competitive are you? yes in my younger years I was very competitive from a time when I was a kid and would do just about any dare to now with a game of cards. I think though when I was playing pool that is when I was most competitive and I played with a group of girls that were just as competitive, we had a ball :)
I used a sketch for my layout from Scrapbook Challenges: Sketch 129 updated:
SBC_Sketch129
This was the perfect sketch for these 2 pictures and to tell this story. I did a list style of my journaling that consisted of the trophies I won. I added some personal journaling to the tag in the left hand bottom corner. So glad to have this fun time in my life documented.
 The list of trophies on a PL card
My personal journaling, I used the paper from my February kit Color Splash

I used the lettering and the pennants from that same kit as the paper. The title is for a challenge over at Scrappin N Chattin yahoo group :) a rhyming title. So glad to get a story of my life like this scrapped :) Thank you for stopping by and seeing what I'm up too in my little corner of the world.




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I like your layering and those photos are classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your title, I was expecting a summer page about a swimming pool - this one is so fun though! How great to record something that took up a big part of your life, and congrats on all those trophies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page and wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete