Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Farm Fresh

Hi you all I wanted to try to post something on my blog each day this week and with just getting done with the Summer Lovin LOADmini I have a few layouts to blog about. This layout was created from Day 4: Lovin the Sweet Smell of Summer. Around our house there are lots of summer smells since we do a garden each year. From that we have fresh veggies and fruit, lovely side dishes for suppers and also we can or freeze so we can enjoy it all in the winter time too.
Aspargus, corn on the cob, canned relish and strawberries are just some of our summer smells and treats. I used the sketch over at Scrapbook Challenges for my layout: SS 16′ Sketch 10
 SBC_SS16_10
 I turned the sketch to work for me. I also used smaller portrait photos for the landscape photos in the sketch. I used cutapart words for the diagonal that they had going on with the sketch.
 Journaling
 I shifted the title block down with this cutapart card, just seemed like something was missing and this worked.
I had fun with the brads that I have in my current counterfeit kit along with thee words that were on one of the sheets from the October Afternoon 8X8 paper pad. A fun layout to create and just a peek at the early summer things we do.

5 comments:

  1. Love all the little bits that make this special, especially those labels & the brads :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Love the brad you included. One of the joys of having a garden is eating it twice - fresh and "put up" in the winter.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I never think to turn a sketch. Love how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you turned the sketch on it's side! Great page. I have that little girl flair button too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a trip to the farmer's market! Love those labels.

    ReplyDelete