Saturday, August 27, 2016

South Side..A bit of history about the town I live in

Hi you all :) It's been one of those days that you just want to relax and not do anything for me :) Long night at work may have had something to do with it. So got to sleep in a bit and now ready to start my weekend :)
Today is Just Because Day. Finally, you have a chance to do something without a rhyme or reason. Most often in life, we do things because we have to, or we want to, or it's expected of us. None of those reasons apply today.  

Is there something you'd like to do, but there isn't a reason or logic for doing it? Well, today is the day to go out and do something "just because". It is most enjoyable if it is an uncommon, or unexpected activity or action. Perhaps, you have something in mind. If not, just go with the first thing that comes to your mind.  "Just because" activities often come from a "whim" or a "what if I" type of thought. We know you will quickly get the hang of this day, and have a lot of fun with it. This may explain today for me :)
Where do YOU come from??? That is the challenge over at Whimsical Musings this week: WM#226
be inspired by where you come from: 

This is a layout I did for LOAD1015 Day8: X marks the spot: Story: Tell about where you live
Product/technique: Use a sewed/dotted line to direct us around your page
Image: An iconic photo of somewhere you have been
this layout is perfect for that challenge :) For the prompt that day I did a layout about the town I live in right now, for 24 years I have lived in South Side (23 years of that time was with my husband :)
 The X on the map shows where we live.
 Image: An iconic photo of somewhere you have been: This is a postcard I got and it is also some place I've been in my life many times. As a kid Mom took us over each day during the games to watch the action.
 As the games are taking place this weekend with the final game tomorrow, this is a good day to be doing the post on this layout. This is the time when South Williamsport is the busiest, during the series. This is something that makes our little town unique too. 
 Journaling about the city I live in. Thank you for stopping by today and would love to see Where do YOU come from???

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been one busy girl Tina! All your layouts look fabulous. I love this one too, and enjoyed reading about South Williamsport. So interesting reading about your town. Sorry I am behind in commenting, Savannah is keeping me very busy with potty training. The house isn't even back together yet! She starts training today thank goodness!!! So for now I'm keeping commenting sparse. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day for Just Because sounds like heaven! Well, we did a bit of meandering through town but it was with purpose to be honest so maybe I have to postpone my just because day and celebrate it later! Your layout here is perfect for Leslie#s prompt! Great job at combining all the bits and pieces about the town and history onto one page - perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there should be a "just because" day every week! I liked getting to see/read a little bit more about your town - we watched a lot of the LLWS this past week and were happy to see the NY team win. Someday we'd like to catch a game or two there ourselves.

    ReplyDelete