Sunday, March 19, 2017

AJ's Birthday Pool Party for LM challenge

Hello and how are you on this fine day! Well I survived a chest/head cold, the new time change, new hours at work and the blizzard of 2017! Wow March has been some kind of month so far. We got more white stuff overnight to brighten the 1st day of spring tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of scrapping and cardmaking for the rest of the month of March got lots to catch up if I even want to get close to anyones stats over at Get It Scrap for Calvinball. But that is another story for another day. Today is the challenge over at Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge and DT sis Sandy has challenged us to use 3 tags on our a layout this week with the option of using a Birthday Layout.
 AJ wanted a pool party for his birthday this past year, so it was fun to attend the party. AJ was sure enjoying it. I used 3 tags: one for the title area, one for the date of the event and one for the journaling.
 The left side of the layout is all about AJ, it's his party and he should be center of attention :) I've been enjoying my current counterfeit kit: Social Butterfly and used up 3 papers, 3 tags and 4 metal pieces (I think they were in the kit too :) on this layout. The AJ chipboard is from letters in last month's kit and the Happy Birthday piece was in my Bashket basket, getting closer to getting all the chosen items in that basket used up :)
 The right side is identical to the left in paper layout other than the Be Happy card that was cut down for the spot and extra pieces used in the layout. Variety of pictures from the day, including a 3 generation picture and cute picture of Andrea at full smile, visiting with Brad and Elias n Zachary enjoying the pool. I didn't think it needed alot of embellishing with the layers of pattern paper used.
 Journaling spot
 3 generation picture :) Atleast I was able to get AJ to look at the camera, Pap Campbell looking at his grandson and Albert, well what can I say :)
 Title block
The last tag used for the event day and included his age with his real birth date.
I was able to use this for alot of challenges. Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2 Spring Showers using something wet or a twist to use pool/beach/water pictures. Challenge of green over at SNC. Challenge at the Paper Issues Fans & Friends FB page crop of Live Out Loud challenge to only use Pattern Papers embellish as needed :)
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see your 3 tag creation linked up to Lasting Memories Scrapbook Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and great use on all the green. Everything looks so great together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find green such a challenge, but you've mastered it here. Fab spread!

    ReplyDelete